As I’ve shared on my previous post about how I tried to look for soft-solution for resetting a Samsung ML-2240 so it can use refill toner, in this post I will give the download link and the howto. Instead of giving you the whole package, I provide them in 2 packages for each printer model, the raw package and the simple package.
The Raw Package contains the original firmware upgrader from Samsung with the patcher and firmware downloader. With this package you’ll need to run the complete steps I did.
The Simple package contains only the patched version of firmware so you only need to do the final step I did.
Feel free to use whichever package you prefer. But before we begin, please read carefully these facts:
- The patcher are NOT made by me, all credit goes to the original creator which I unfortunately don’t know
- The firmware upgrader included in the raw package are official version downloaded from Samsung website
- The firmware file included in the simple package are the patched version
- I provide the links and the manual but please use it at your own risk
- I’ve run the patched for a Samsung ML-2240 and it worked, but I never test the fix for ML-1640, however I also supply the file because it’s provided by the same patcher
- My operating system is Windows XP SP2